Friday-Sunday, 2 nights
Plus 2 nights all-inclusive accommodations priced separately.
800 Bethany Drive
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
[button href=”https://www.1440.org/program/how-to-achieve-more-by-doing-less/” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”true”]Register Now[/button]
I’m excited to be partnering with 1440 Multiversity–on a gorgeous state-of-the-art campus to host a retreat this August. Before or after your sessions with me, participants will have access to a variety of meditation, yoga, and other body-centered classes available throughout the day, as well as educational and entertaining evening events.
Finding happiness and a better work-life balance are goals that many of us strive for—with limited success. Combining scientific research and practical application, Christine Carter, PhD, offers you not just a way to cope with modern pressures, but a way to truly thrive. Speaking to executives, general audiences, and working parents Dr. Carter looks at living life from our “sweet spot”—a place of power and ease.
This weekend will transform the way you think about and experience happiness, fulfillment, and achievement. Dr. Carter will share simple practices and engage discussions that address real-life demands. You will find out how common distractions, including how numbing your feelings (with online time, food, busyness, etc.) can actually make you more anxious.
You will learn:
- Three core skills for a well lived life, rooted in the latest scientific research
- Why simple acts of kindness can be better for our health and happiness than exercise
- Something you can do in only one hour a week to increase your longevity by 14 years
- A simple brain trick that can help you stop thinking, “One day, I’ll be happy when…,” letting you enjoy the journey more fully.
- Take home practical knowledge and skills for getting more done in less time and become re-inspired to live your most fulfilling, creative, joyful, and productive life.
A variety of accommodations fit a wide range of budgets, from dorm-style rooms to private rooms and suites. All are comfortably appointed to support each participant’s program experience. While guest rooms do not have phones or televisions, all are equipped with Wi-Fi access.
Most rooms have two double or queen size beds and private or hall bathrooms. Participants who come alone and reserve a shared room will be paired with a roommate of the same gender. Included with accommodations are all meals, daily yoga and meditation classes, non-ticketed evening events, and the use of our state-of-the-art facilities.